Monday, October 30, 2017

Lost in the translation?

I tweet out links to most of my page one posts. It seems to have helped build traffic on my site and, apparently, some blog readers get alerts when I tweet; that way, they know for sure when they click over there will be at least one new post to read. I don't understand how any of this works, really; then again, my ignorance of how the Twitter-realm works is unlikely to trigger a nuclear exchange with North Korea. So I've got that going for me.

But then there are mornings like this one. I put up a post. I lined up the next couple of posts that must go up soon -- just as soon as I do a little legal work -- and I answered a few blog-related emails and put up the tweet that you see in the above image.

I thought the tweet was rather straightforward and written in plain, if pedestrian, English.

Twitter, apparently, thought otherwise. That can be the only explanation for the "Translate from Danish" button thoughtfully added by the folks at Twitter. I didn't have the heart to see what the 'translation' might be. All I can say is uff da!

No comments: