Saturday, June 1, 2013

More scenes from the 2013 Norwood Park Memorial Day Parade

This post begins on page one.

Girl Scout group from Congregational Church of Jefferson Park


Garvey School

Onahan School group


Immaculate Conception Cub Scouts


Immaculate Conception Scout group

Bagpipes & Drums of the Emerald Society, Chicago Police Department


There's always a number of businesses that participate.  I find this one particularly amusing.

The world's smallest moving van?

Norwood Park Chamber of Commerce



The band from Smyser Elementary School

The youngest marchers may be the most enthusiastic.

Remember, I said we missed most of the politicians.  We didn't miss them all.

MWRD Commissioner Frank Avila (at right)


The Norwood Park Memorial Day Parade always has a lot of classic cars.  Here are a few representative selections.
This is not the muscle car that upset my photographer's assistant

Some of the "old" cars were newer than this one.  And I didn't think this one was that old....
These two, on the other hand, I can accept as "antiques."


My thanks to my photographer, Brigid Leyhane Olsen.

No comments: